The Chick with the Blogz

The Chick with the Blogz
...Me.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Who's Ne\xt To Trend?" ::Jenny Lee::



When you think of fashion you probably think New York, L.A. or Paris but if its up to some people soon Cleveland will be synonymous with the fashion industry. Just ask Jennifer Lee bka Jenny Lee (@OneJennyLee via Twitter) a model from Cleveland looking to take the fashion industry by storm. Jenny is still considered a fresh face in the world of fashion and she still has a way to go in the game but she is already two steps ahead of most wanna be models with plenty of print work circulating and too many gigs to juggle. Its no doubt Jenny is making her mark on the world of fashion and I sat down with her to get the scoop on life as a model, a mommy, a student, and a everyday girl in the industry trying to make it big in the Land of Dreams.

@InfamousNelle: The Infamous Jenny Lee what's up hun? How is everything these days?

Jenny Lee: Hey, hey, hey! Lol, things are pretty great for me right now thanks for asking!

@InfamousNelle: So lets backtrack a bit give the admirer's out there a little insight on who Jenny really is...what is your story?

Jenny Lee: I was born in raised in the Cleveland area, been here my whole life, I'm the oldest of three girls, I had to grow up kind of quickly due to some things in my childhood but I don't regret anything that I've gone through because without them I wouldn't be Jenny. I love being there for people & if I have it to give you can bet I will give it to you..

@InfamousNelle: How do you think life has shaped the woman you are today?

Jenny Lee: As I stated before, I had a lil bit of a rough childhood/adolescence so I grew into being very self sufficient pretty fast. I also learned firsthand that "what doesn't kill you makes stronger" & I've become very strong & determined because of it.

@InfamousNelle: Now lets move on to the runway...how did you get started in modeling?

Jenny Lee:It was a fluke actually, lol! A friend of mines brother is a photographer & he met me & liked my look & asked me if I ever thought about modeling. We had a test shoot, he liked how the pictures came out & here I am!

@InfamousNelle: Runway modeling or print work...which one do you enjoy more?

Jenny Lee: I really don't do runway too much because I'm only 5'4" (runway they like you to be 5'10" or taller) so I have more print work under my belt so naturally I'm more inclined to do print work versus runway.

@InfamousNelle: We all know how tough it is trying to make it into the world of modeling (even harder for African Americans) but it has to be really tough trying to make a modeling career and hailing from Cleveland because as Clevelanders we all know how the city gets overlooked and all of the talent here usually get picked over so how has your journey in the fashion world been?

Jenny Lee: Luckily I've come across a few people that have helped me along the way whether it be taking pictures or giving me advice so I haven't encountered any major problems as of yet. I love my city but I know that in order to further my career I can't limit myself to staying solely in Cleveland simply because it's not a hot spot for the modeling industry.

@InfamousNelle: Now to keep it real one of the main reasons its so hard to make it in the city is the people, Clevelanders have a reputation for being crabs...haters that pull each other down instead of uplifting each other. Have you encountered any hate on your journey in the industry?
Jenny Lee: Sadly I have, but I take it with a grain of salt & take it as me doing something right. Honestly I would be a little worried if I didn't have any haters!

@InfamousNelle: How does Jenny Lee stand out in a crowd of other chicks who think they can be America's Next Top Model also?

Jenny Lee: I think I'm different because of my drive. I understand that I'm not going to hit it big overnight & in order to get where I want to be I'm going to have to grind. Some chicks think it's just standing in front of a camera looking pretty when modeling is so much more than that. You have to take criticism, get used to hearing no more than a few times, do shoots for hours on end sometimes, it's a tough job..

@InfamousNelle: What drives you in such a tough industry?

Jenny Lee: The need to be the best at what I do & my refusal to quit!

@InfamousNelle: Another thing that has to be tough is juggling a million gigs, school, work and most importantly Little Jenny Lee (her beautiful daughter) how do you manage everything and manage to keep your sanity?

Jenny Lee: Prayer! Lol, it does get hectic at times but I can't let my little princess Kyla down. Everything I do is for her..

@InfamousNelle: What is your number one goal or your biggest dream as far as modeling goes?

Jenny Lee: I hope that modeling opens other doors for me like acting, I also sing too (little known fact :-) so I'm hoping I can do other things as well

@InfamousNelle: At the end of the day what do you want people to say about you?

Jenny Lee: I want people to say that I was pesistent, determined, & I never gave up. "Jenny Lee went for hers & she got it!" That's what I would want them to say..

@InfamousNelle: Well I thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to show me and www.InfamousNelle.blogspot.com some love...but this is unfortunately the end for now but I'm positive we will be sitting down for a part two soon. So this is where you get to make all of your shoutouts, announcements, say anything to the fans and haters, tell people where they can find you and inform us on upcoming projects until we meet again.

Jenny Lee: Well you can find me on twitter @OneJenny Lee & www.modelmayhem.com/JenniferNicoleL, and you van add my fan page via Facebook, Official Fan Page Of Jenny Lee. I will be shooting my first poster this coming Friday, yay, which will be on sale via website, I'll be sure to pass that info along to you & I have a website in the works. I wanna shout out my baby girl Kyla of course, Mommy loves you Mookie! Also my very first photographer Chris Strother who took a chance on me, also shouts out to all my friends & family for supporting me, Fresh Studios, Jay R. Fogle & The Elite Angels, I could go on & on but I won't so if I forgot anyone I'm sorry! It's all love! To my fans I love y'all soooo much & I appreciate each & every one of & all the love & support! My haters, I love y'all too so here's a big, fat kiss...MUAH!!! XOXOXO! Thanks for having me Nelle & I wish you all the success in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment