The Chick with the Blogz

The Chick with the Blogz
...Me.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Who's Next To Trend?" ::M.Stacks::


When you think about top DJ's in Cleveland M.Stacks name should ring a bell and when you think about producers on the come-up don't count M.Stacks out. Producing songs since grade school and having his beats featured on songs You most likely shake your tail feather to, M.Stacks is definitely a force to be reckoned with. He's already blazing his trail in the game and big names in hip-hop and R&B alike such as D-Block,Bun B, Ray Cash, Kidz in the Hall, The Legendary Levert Family and many more have already summoned the self-proclaimed prodigy to produce hits for them. Stacks may be young but this DJ/Producer has an old soul and a great work ethic which guarantees his success in the game. But don't get him confused with your other local DJ's...this guy is destined for greatness. With a humble demeanor not too often seen from the wannabe DJ Clue dudes and authentic talent not seen too often in the era of You Tube M.Stacks is without a doubt next up to trend.

@InfamousNelle: So tell me about yourself sir where do you hail from? What was your life like growing up? Were you one of those weird child prodigy's or just a normal kid?

M. Stacks: Well, my name is Miguel Brown. I'm better known as M. Stacks. I'm from Shaker Heights, OH. I had pretty good child hood. I was an only child so i got everything i asked for. I mean my childhood was pretty typical, just like any other middle American family. I sucked in school, although i scored very high on standardized tests. I definitely was a child prodigy. I was selling beats to grown men at the age of 14. By the time I was 17 I was featured in 2007 fall issue of GQ magazine.

@InfamousNelle: So how did you get into music? Was it through your Dad, I see him with you a lot.

M. Stacks: Yes I got into music through my dad. The cool thing about me and my dad is that he's not that much older than me, so we basically come from the same era of music. So all the stuff he listened to, he made me listen to it too. A mixtape DJ by the name of PrettyBoy Floyd introduced me to the music industry. He was one of the first people that believed in my beats. He put my beats on ALL of his mixtapes and got me connected on the underground seen as a kid. And the reason you might catch my father with me when I'm out and about is because he is my personal assistant and one of my a&r's.

@InfamousNelle: What took you from being a fan of music to producing it and creating sounds of your own?

M. Stacks: I'm still a fan, I'm a huge fan, of everybody from Bun-B, to the Leverts. And I think that's what made me a producer. I'm so big of a fan of these people that I wanted to actually be the one to helped them make the kind of music that I wanted to hear. I used to get mad as a kid like "Damn, I wish Ray Cash would rap on a beat that went like this." And now the only difference is I can actually do something about it.

@InfamousNelle: Most people know you as M. Stacks the DJ...some people don't know about M. Stacks the producer and hit maker. Tell the people a little about the production you've done and some of the artist you have produced for. I'm sure they will be impressed because I was...

M. Stacks: Yeah you're right lol. But I think most people don't know me from anything in particular, they just know me, or know of me from somewhere, and that's how I like it. I don't want to be put into a box or categorized. I have produced "Look At Them Hips" for Bun-B and Kidz In The Hall, "Certified" for Ray Cash & Curren$y, "Watching Me" for Carlysia Levert, "You Aint Gotta Like Me" for J. Hood (D-Block), and a plethora of others. (Google these songs)

@InfamousNelle: How would you describe your production style?

M. Stacks: I would say my production style is real crisp. Not too dark and grimey, but at the same time not too commercial.

@InfamousNelle: Now you know I am a big fan of you as a DJ...I really dig how you do your mixes and how you incorporate the oldschool into the new school stuff that's out. How would you describe yourself as a DJ?

M. Stacks: To be honest with you, I'm a producer that just happens to know how to work Serato Scratch Live. So i'm like a fan spinning music. I dont have any real skills when it comes to dj-ing, I'm essentially just a fan playing music that I love in the order of how I like to hear it. And the people like it. Oh, and I happen to know how to scratch too lol.

@InfamoussNelle: When I go to a party where you are on the 1's and 2's I pretty much know I'm going to dance my ass off all night and have a good time. How do you think your DJing style differs from the other DJ's in Cleveland?

M. Stacks: I'm in another lane that sets me apart from all the other Cleveland Dj's. I am one of the only producer/dj's in Cleveland. So that alone makes my style different. I play music that represents me, and that means a lot to me. Most of the Cleveland DJ's have to play Top 40 and Gucci ALL NIGHT LONG. But people kind of expect me to go a different route because of what I do for a living (produce music). So instead of playing what you would normally expect, I play what's in my heart. Everything I play has a purpose. I'm glad to be in a position where I don't have to play top 40 music all night.

@InfamousNelle: Now from what I see you are a pretty humble laid back dude, have you had any beef with anybody in the entertainment industry or is it pretty much all love between you and the other guys out here?

M. Stacks: It's all love. I love everybody in this industry. I'm a real guy, and others respect me for that. I do have a problem with "Janky Promoters" tho lol, they're the worst of the wost.

@InfamousNelle: If you had to describe your style in three words what would you say?

M. Stacks: "Swagg, Swagg, Wooooh" (Lil' B voice) lol

@InfamousNelle: Well sir I thank you so much for taking out the time and sitting down with me but this is the end of the road for interview number one, but this is the part where you get to do all of your shout outs and make any announcements for things the people can look forward to and just pretty much say whatever you want to say until we meet again.

M. Stacks: You're welcome, Nelly Nelle! Shouts out to Cleveland State and C.A.B.!!! Shouts out to my brother Will Warren (that's my right hand man), Shouts out to Skean Diggs, Shouts out to Q-Dollaz, Shouts to my girl, Shouts to my sponsor IM-King Clothing, Shouts out to this life I live, Shouts out to Mick Boogie & Terry Urban. Shouts out to www.mstacksmusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment